No snippet found
After graduating from University, I was lucky enough to be offered a placement as an Assistant Language Teacher in Japan. During this fabulous opportunity of learning another culture, I met an Indonesian man who swept me away to Sumatra where we got married. I continued teaching in local schools, but soon decided that I really needed to return home. By this time, our daughter was born and I found part time work working for the Council in Culture & Leisure. I have been in the Library service for 10 years and it is here that I realised my forte was organising children's events. One day a few mums asked me if I had heard of Baby Sensory and after a bit of research I was convinced that I could have my cake and eat it. The program is so varied and there is not one week in the programme which is the same. What could be better? I get to work with babies and I get to deliver a fantastic class! Perfect. Although I have just begun my Baby Sensory journey, I can truly say that it is rewarding watching mums and babies enjoy the one hour at my Baby Sensory Class.
Essie's Baby Sensory classes currently run in Barking and Beckton.
The Award Winning Baby Development classes are held weekly. These locations are easily accessible for parents living in the local communities including; Barking, East Ham, Beckton, Plaistow, Canning Town.
If you are looking for an exciting activity which will be fun for you and will help with your baby’s sensory development call your Class Leader, Essie who will arrange for you and your baby to visit one of her classes.
Free Taster sessions are only available at Beckton Globe Library every 1st Thursday of the month.
Spaces are limited so please book online asap if you would like to attend.
No Obligation trials are available on the Monday & Friday classes and cost £5.00**
If you wish to continue, this amount will be deducted from either the 5 or 10 session option you decide to take.
5 x 1hr sessions = £35
10 x 1hr sessions = £65
** This offer is unavailable when there is a special offer running, such as '3 consecutive sessions £15'
It is advisable to pay a deposit of £10 to secure your space for the following week (which will be considered your second week). The balance will be payable in full at the second session either by cash or cheque. If you prefer to make a bank transfer, the details are as follows:
SORT CODE: 09-01-28
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 57658538
PLEASE ENSURE YOU USE YOUR NAME AS A REFERENCE SO THAT IT CAN BE TRACED EASILY.
These are Baby Sensory booking terms and conditions. Please read before booking a place in a class.
• You can join a class at any time in the term if there is a place available.
• Bookings are non-transferrable in most cases but Baby Sensory may be able to split your booking across two venues if spaces become available.
• If you have a prior hospital or doctors appointment and are unable to make your usual session we may be able to fit you into another class that week in an alternative venue. Please contact us via email.
• MISSED SESSIONS: Regretfully ONLY the 10 week bookings have the advantage of carrying over ONE missed session. The date when you will 'Carry over' your missed session will be agreed with the class leader in advance. Should you not attend this agreed date, then unfortunately it will be lost. You may, however, offer your missed session to a friend who will attend in your place. Your class leader should be advised of this in advance.
• If your class leader is unable to run your class because of illness etc Baby Sensory will try and substitute an alternative class leader. If this isn't possible you will be notified of cancellation by text or phone call. PLEASE NOTIFY US OF ANY CHANGES TO YOUR CONTACT DETAILS. If you are on FACEBOOK, you will be able to see notifications of any changes. As we run on rolling terms we will just continue the cancelled class at the next session. If the cancelled session was supposed to be your last session because your baby is graduating / you are returning to work/ any other reason for not being able to attend anymore, then you will receive a full refund for the missed session.
• In certain exceptional circumstances Baby Sensory may be prevented from running classes due to situations beyond their control. These may include floods or treacherous driving conditions (snow or ice) which would pose a risk to our class leaders and parents if they ventured onto the roads. On these occasions if the session was supposed to be your last session because your baby is graduating / you are returning to work/ any other reason for not being able to attend anymore, then you will receive a full refund for the missed session.
• Twins. We offer a discount for twins. Please enquire at the office for terms and conditions
Classes run throughout the year, including the summer holidays. You can join a class at any time if places are still available or join the waiting list. As soon as a space becomes available, we will contact you ASAP.
You will have 5 working days from the date the email is sent to you in order to accept the space. If you are waiting for a space, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX as unfortunately, some emails do end up in that folder!
We look forward to welcoming you and your baby to our classes!