T&C’s and guidelines due to Covid-19 or other exceptional circumstances.
Please read this document in full. If you do not agree with any of the measures and wish to opt out of classes, please inform us in writing within 7 days of booking. Please note there will be a small admin fee on all refunds.
These guidelines and T&C’s are local to Baby Sensory Kildare & Carlow and are in addition to the general T&C’s below. Baby Sensory Kildare & Carlow T&C’s supersedes the general T&C’s.
We hope that these measures are temporary and our class structure will return to normal when Covid-19 no longer poses a risk.
In the event of Covid-19 related lockdowns/restrictions or Class Leader/Customers needing to self-isolate:
Covid-19 remains an ever changing and evolving situation worldwide. It is important to us that there is no disruption to your booked classes during this unpredictable time.
- In the event that venue classes are required to close due to regional or national lockdowns or restrictions, or any Covid-19 related reason, your classes will move online immediately.
- Times and days of online classes may vary from venue classes & a recording will be available.
- If your Class Leader is required to self-isolate due to being a close contact but is not unwell, your classes will move online for the duration of their self-isolation.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the pandemic we will be unable to determine when venue classes will be able to recommence if in lockdown and will stay closed in venues for the shortest possible duration.
- If you're unable to travel to your classes due to restrictions in your County, you can avail of the online classes until your County restrictions are lifted.
- If you or your baby are required to self-isolate due to being a close contact, you can avail of the online classes until your self-isolation ends.
- Regrettably in any of the above circumstances, in order to maintain viability of our small business, we will not be in a position to offer refunds, credit or classes to be carried over to subsequent terms. Your booked classes will continue online in the comfort and safety of your home until the term ends or we can return to venue classes.
- You will have the option to join your class live via Zoom or access a recording. If booked into venue classes you will also receive access to an additional recorded class weekly for the duration that venue classes are running online.
In certain exceptional circumstances Baby Sensory may be prevented from running classes due to situations beyond their control. These may include floods, red weather warnings or treacherous driving conditions such as snow, ice, or other severe weather which would pose a risk to our class leaders and parents if they ventured onto the roads, or any other risk to parents and baby's safety. In these situations your class for that week will be provided online. Unfortunately in order to maintain viability of our small business and the unpredictable nature of the circumstances we will not be in a position to offer refunds, credit or classes to be carried over.
Where class cancellations are necessary due to the illness of your Class Leader or Family emergencies, your class will be rescheduled for the earliest possible date. If you cannot attend the rescheduled class you will able to avail of the recorded class. We will not be in a position to offer cash refunds, credit or classes to be carried over.
When attending classes in venues:
- Each Parent understands that they are attending Baby Sensory classes under their own choice and are aware of any risks associated with Covid-19. Baby Sensory cannot be held responsible should any Parent or baby start showing any symptoms or contract any illness, virus or infection.
- Do not attend classes if you or your baby are in the very high risk category. You can see who is considered very high risk or high risk at the HSE website here. If you or baby are in this category, please consider our online classes.
- Those in the high risk category are not currently advised to cocoon and chose to attend classes at their own discretion. You may prefer to avail of our online classes.
- By attending classes you give Baby Sensory permission for your name, telephone number and/or email address to be shared with a Government contact tracer if required.
- Parent’s agree to take your and baby’s temperature before attending class and will not attend if either of you have a raised temperature.
- Parents agree not to attend class if they or Baby present unwell with potential Covid-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, unexplained tiredness, aches & pains, conjunctivitis, rash, discoloration of fingers or toes, or a loss of sense of taste or smell. Should you or baby arrive at class showing any symptoms of illness, your class leader reserves the right to refuse entry to the classroom. Read more about what to do if your child is showing symptoms of Covid-19 at the HSE website here. To see the current symptoms of Covid-19 as recognised by the World Health Organisation, see here.
- Parents and babies agree not to attend class if they have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19 within 14 days prior to class.
- They agree not to attend class if they have been overseas to any country not currently on the Governments Green List or exposed to someone from overseas who is required to self-isolate within 14 days of class.
- A recorded class will be made available to you online if you have to miss class for any of the above reasons. Unfortunately missed classes cannot be carried over, credited or refunded.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your baby are adhering to social distancing guidelines at all times. It is common practice for older babies to come to the Class Leader for a cuddle, but this should be avoided while social distancing is in place.
- Facemasks are required by adults for the duration of the class. Please wear your mask prior to entering class and only remove your mask when you have left the venue. Your mask must be covering your nose and mouth at all times to be effective at protecting others. You will be able to purchase one in class should you forget yours.
- Only one adult is permitted to attend with each baby so that we can adhere to social distancing measures.
- Nappies and any rubbish must be taken away with you after class.
- No food or drink is to be consumed within the classroom by either Parent or baby apart from breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
- No shoes are to be worn in the classroom and Parents must wear socks at all times. Should you forget socks you can purchase a pair in class.
- Hand sanitizer will be available but we recommend that you bring your own. Please use hand sanitizer on arrival in class and on leaving the class.
- Please bring your own blanket for baby to sit/lie on for the class.
- Please bring your own nappy changing mat. One will be provided, but the risk of cross contamination will be reduced if you place your own over it.
- To allow time for all the necessary cleaning and physical distancing we ask that you aim to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before class and leave promptly when the class is over.
- As we work on fixed terms, unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if you miss a class. However you are welcome to have a friend and their age appropriate baby attend in your place if you let us know in advance. You can also access a recorded version of the class that you can do at home.
Baby Sensory will:
- Adhere to all government guidelines and best practice in order to minimise the risks in relation to Covid-19.
- Reduce class numbers in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Steam clean our floor coverings before each class.
- Clean all equipment before each class.
- Provide individual baskets of props that are cleaned prior to every class.
- Sterilize all door handles and high touch points at regular intervals.
- There will be no play area for the duration of Covid-19, however we will still have a short break in the sensory area.
- Ensure, Class Leaders receive training in infection control prior to running classes.
- Baby Sensory reserves the right to ask you to leave the class if we feel that you are not adhering to the protective measures and thus putting others at risk.
- Classes will not run if your Class Leader is unwell until they have received a negative result from a Covid test if required based on symptoms or if your Class Leader is required to self-isolate due to being a close contact. If your Class Leader is well enough, your class for that week will run online instead. If your Class Leader is not well enough to run your class online, your class/classes will be rescheduled for the earliest possible date.
Refunds/Cancellation of classes:
Regrettably, Baby Sensory is unable to offer concessions for sickness or holidays, in these situations you can offer you space to a friend with an age appropriate baby. Please inform us of the change in person attending, including their name, baby's name, date of birth and any pertinent information. By attending the Parent agrees to our Terms & Conditions. You will also be able to access a recorded class to do at home for that week.
Bookings are non-refundable and Baby Sensory is under no obligation to issue a refund in the event that you are unable to attend or wish to cancel a single session or the entire term. Refunds must be requested in writing within 7 days of the course commencing, refund requests after this will not be able to be accommodated. Refund requests received within 7 days of the term commencing will be subject to an admin fee.
If you have a medical appointment and are unable to make your usual session, we may be able to accommodate you in another session, subject to availability, or you can avail of the recorded session to do at home.
Regrettably, we cannot accommodate missed sessions being carried over into subsequent terms.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
As Covid-19 guidance changes it may be necessary to update these T&C's. We will inform you of changes through regular channels of communication and you will have 7 days to opt out of changes in writing. Otherwise Baby Sensory will treat this as agreement with you as being updated with the changes.
By registering and attending classes, parents agree to all Terms and Conditions listed above and below.
Baby Sensory terms and conditions/policies
Baby Sensory's Terms and Conditions aim to present a fair sustainable structure to all. We aim to provide the highest quality classes for all our customers, as is our need to secure the regular employment to secure the best Class Leaders and venues available.
We are committed to the safety of all persons who attend our lessons and to deliver the highest standard of service.
Participating in a Baby Sensory class is entirely at your own risk without any proven negligence, breach of duty of care or lack of due diligence by Baby Sensory Ltd., your local Franchise or its employees.
Payment is through our online booking system.
Confirmation of place
If payment is made through any other way than card payment using the online booking system, your place will only be confirmed on full payment. An acknowledgment will be sent with payment details however booking confirmation will only be sent when payment is received. If you pay using the online booking system, you will receive an automated reply confirming your place.
A course or event may be cancelled provided you inform the Franchisee in writing within 7 days of the course commencing. Please note there may be an administration charge of up to one class for any changes made.
You may offer your place to a friend as a gift provided you inform your Class Leader.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Holidays and sickness policy
Regrettably we cannot offer discounts or refunds to cover your booked holidays due to the need to ensure continuity of service.
You may offer your place to a friend who also has a baby to a session you know you are unable to attend. You would need to inform your Class Leader in this instance.
Baby Sensory offers local discounts for twins if brought by one adult sitting within the teaching circle.
A parent with twins will need to have either another adult or an arrangement with another parent, should they need to take one of the twins to the bathroom. The Class Leader can never be responsible for your child.
Supervision and withdrawal of service
All children must be supervised at all times and not left unattended. The Class Leader cannot be responsible for a child at any time. Regrettably as our classes are designed for babies from the age of birth to 13 months only, older siblings cannot attend unless specifically invited.
Should a carer or associated visitor behave in a way that the Class Leader feels is unreasonable then the company reserves the rights to withdraw the provision of classes to the client.
No later than two weeks before your term runs out your class leader will ask you whether you wish to renew for another term. The Class Leader will inform you of the mechanism to rebook your space and payment terms. Note however that places remain on a first come first served basis.
Cancellation of Classes policy
Baby Sensory will endeavor to run classes during bad weather e.g. snowy conditions. However should we need to cancel due to safety concerns, parents will be notified/contacted (please check your local Baby Sensory Facebook page and make sure your phone number is kept up to date on our register).
An additional class will be offered if we have to cancel a class or refund against a future term's fees. Regrettably we cannot automatically offer cash refunds.
Parents are asked to keep their babies at home if they have a serious infection and to inform the setting as to the nature of the infection so that other parents can be alerted.
Please keep your baby at home if he/she:
- Has a fever or has had one in the previous 24 hours
- Has had an upset stomach or diarrhoea in the previous 48 hours
- Has heavy nasal discharge
- Has discharging eyes
Has symptoms of a possible communicable diseases such as:
- Chicken pox
- German measles
- Whooping cough
- Scarlett fever
- Hand, foot and mouth disease
We cannot offer a refund for a lesson missed due to illness. You may offer your place to a friend, who also has a baby, to the session. You would need to inform your Class Leader in this instance.
Commitment to Equal Opportunities
Baby Sensory has a commitment to ensure that the equipment and activities are value and worth to everyone regardless of race, culture, language, gender, age, experience, religion, background, ability or disability.
The information on this form contains personal data.
Baby Sensory and Toddler Sense will record, process and keep your personal information secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information will not be passed onto a third party unless you have opted in during the booking process.
Videos, photographs and confidentiality
We love you taking pictures or videos of your children during the course provided it doesn't interfere with the class. In addition please always be sensitive of taking pictures of others without their permission. If you are asked to stop, please do respect the rights of others.
In addition if the Class Leader feels that the amount of video is excessive, not just short clips, then you may be asked to stop.
Please remember that much of the content of the class is under copyright and while we are very happy for you to practice at home, these are not to be incorporated into another public activity without our permission.
Protection of property
Please note that your property left in prams or bags is your responsibility and Baby Sensory cannot take any responsibility for the safeguarding of these items.
Health & Safety and Hygiene Policies
Baby Sensory follows rigorous internal checks of the venue and its own equipment to ensure that they are clean and safe. Daily Risk Assessments are conducted.
Baby Sensory asks all parents and carers to remove their shoes while in class in order to reduce the chance of transmission of microorganisms. Shoes need to be worn to visit the bathroom within class times and care exercised to avoid slips.
Baby Sensory is a Gold Accredited member of the Children's Activities Association and meets their standards in all operational aspects.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Baby Sensory from time to time updates these T&Cs. It will inform you of changes through regular channels of communication and you have 14 days to opt out of accepting changes in writing. Failure to do so will entitle Baby Sensory to treat this agreement with you as being updated with the changes.